Cheesy Black Bean Dip and Quesadilla

28 July

Sorry about my long silence... We have been super busy this Summer. But now that I've come back to my blog (at least for a little while) I have a really delicious recipe for all of my dear readers! This is a delicious Mexican lunch meal that is one of my new favorites! I got the recipe for the bean dip of pinterest, but I changed it up a little bit and added my own twist. :) Here is the recipe.


Cheesy Black Bean Dip

Serves 4-6

1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to your liking
Guacamole 
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
1-2 cups of Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 325. In a food processor, blend together the black beans, sour cream, salt, pepper, and a little bit of guac until smooth and creamy. Add salt as needed.
Pour some of the black bean mixture into a small baking dish, sprinkle with diced tomatoes, cheese, and some guac. Repeat until all the ingredients are in the baking dish. Top with a little cheese, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Once the timer goes off, remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake for another 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. 

While the Bean Dip is baking, heat a large cast iron skillet and pour avocado oil into it. Place your tortilla (corn or flour tortilla's work) in the skillet and sprinkle with cheese and any other toppings you might want. Fry until crispy and cheese is melted. Serve with extra guacamole and corn chips. You can also top your plate with cilantro or other veggies that you like. Hope you enjoy!

You Might Also Like

1 Posted by Emma comments

About Me

STRIVING to worship and give God glory through music and art, ENCOURAGING others through writing, LIVING LIFE to the fullest with joy and purpose, BELIEVING in His promises and what He says is truth, STANDING in who I am in Christ.

Blog Archive


Popular Posts