"I will never reject you..."

18 September

Sometimes it's really, really hard to not feel rejected.
I know that I have it a lot better than some people.
People are facing rejection every day.
People are being rejected by their fathers.
By their mothers.
By their spouses.
As I said, I have it a lot better than some people. I have parents who love me and wonderful brother's and sister's to grow up with. But I still feel rejected sometimes.
And oftentimes, from rejection sprouts bitterness.
I've felt it rising up often, especially during these ten days of Awe between Yom Teruah and Yom Kippur. Something happens and I instantly feel completely rejected and forgotten. And then bitterness and unforgiveness begins to grow. I can't decide if I want to confront the person and tell them how they've hurt me or shrink up and hide in a hole.
Of course, I know that none of these are an option; at least, not a good one or one that I could ever stick with long term. Just forgive them, love them anyway, try to move on with life.
The truth is, the voice of rejection is the voice of Satan.
It is not the voice of your Abba.
God would never whisper into your ear saying, "Hey, that person hurt you? That person made you feel like you didn't matter? Poor you. You should get back at them. Make them feel like you feel right now. What goes around comes around. They don't care about you. Nobody does."


Again, that is not the voice of your Father in heaven! He would never say such a thing to you! 

Your Abba loves you. You are His beloved! What your Abba would say is this...
 "You are My precious child. I know that you are feeling rejected right now. They rejected My son, too. Please remember that I will never reject you. But you need to forgive them and then remember that you are My beloved. Don't feel sad anymore. I will never leave you nor forsake you."

You Might Also Like

2 Posted by Emma comments

  1. Precious thoughts, sisters!

    Zephaniah 3:17

    "YHVH your Elohim in your midst, is mighty to save. He rejoices over you with joy, He is silent in His love, He rejoices over you with singing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Emma! Thank you. By the way, love your new blog design! ;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

STRIVING to worship and give God glory through music and art, ENCOURAGING others through writing, LIVING LIFE to the fullest with joy and purpose, BELIEVING in His promises and what He says is truth, STANDING in who I am in Christ.

Blog Archive


Popular Posts