Winter Weather, Fall Feelings

04 March




A few days ago on Thursday I woke up to the sun shining and fifty degree weather. At long last! I was so excited because I thought for a brief moment that Spring had finally arrived. My hopes for warmer weather were short lived, however. A few days later it was raining and then snowing, transporting Colorado back into a winter wonderland. Not to say that we didn't take advantage of the cold weather! We made ourselves warm and cozy at home home for the better part of the day, watching the snow fall in big flakes from the gray sky. I made hot apple cider and Elianah made a coffee cake to go along with it and it made it feel so much like Autumn in our house once again. Our house was filled with the delicious smell of cinnamon and apples as the cider simmered in the crockpot. Even though I do love when Spring comes and I can pull out my Summer clothes and sandals, there is something so special about Autumn and all of the wonderful smells, colors, and delicious foods. 




Apple cider is one drink in my family that everyone absolutely loves. We use organic apple juice and mulling spices, and for extra yummy flavors we slice oranges and put in a few sticks of cinnamon while the apple juice heats up. It is such a special treat, and it is delicious! Apple cider is our go-to drink for our annual hayride that we host every year, and it just warms you from the inside out after sledding days or even on those evenings when you just want to cozy up in a chair with a blanket and a good book and read the hours away!




The grain and sugar free coffee cake that Elianah made paired wonderfully with the apple cider and made for a second tasty treat. 




I honesty think that cinnamon might be one of my favorite flavors. Who else is in agreement? It just smells so amazing... and it really spices things up!




And what would a day without having a tasty coffee treat be? This Salted Carmel Breve was calling my name... 

So Spring, maybe it's not quite time for you yet... But in the mean time we'll stay cozy and warm and enjoy Autumn drinks while we still can. :) 




You Might Also Like

2 Posted by Emma comments

  1. Do you make your own apple cider? If so could I have your recipe? Or is it a closely guarded family secret?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I love fall. And cider and crumb cake! Sounds so comforting and cozy!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

STRIVING to worship and give God glory through music and art, ENCOURAGING others through writing, LIVING LIFE to the fullest with joy and purpose, BELIEVING in His promises and what He says is truth, STANDING in who I am in Christ.

Blog Archive


Popular Posts